Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review: MOON MYSTERIES by Nao Sims and Nikiah Seeds

Moon Mysteries by Nao Sims
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nao Sims and Nikiah Seeds have crafted a quietly empowering book. Filled with art, poetry, and prose, Moon Mysteries seeks to empower women by exploring the menstrual cycle from a place of love and joy. I wish I had read this in my feminist hey-day in college, but I still enjoyed the book and the suggestions Sims and Seeds put forward for self-care.

There are even some recipes, rich with iron and other nutrients: I really want to try the recipe for Dark Chocolate Beet Cake.

If you are a woman, this is a book you should read, whatever your comfort level with your body and your cycle. It is empowering and lovely. As I said, I wish I had read this when I was younger.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment