Monday, October 8, 2012

Goddess Goodies: Treasure Brownies

For me, baking is a spiritual practice.  Maybe it's my natural kitchen-witchery showing through, or maybe it's because of the warm memories I have of learning to bake with my mom and grandma.  For whatever reason, I love crafting warm, gooey goodness that I can share with my family and friends in the spirit of the Goddess.

 Even though I like to bake from scratch, sometimes, life doesn't allow it.  That doesn't mean I have to ignore my kitchen witchery: this easy brownie recipe is fast and fabulous.

I love dark, decadent deserts, and there are plenty of goddesses who would agree with me.  Take your pick of dark ladies to celebrate with these Treasure Brownies: I like to make these for Hecate, but you can make them for Kali or Spider Woman.  Remember, it's the intention that counts!
 You will need:
1 box of regular brownie mix
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
2 eggs
18 peanut butter cups (smaller than a muffin cup)

Muffin tins and cooking spray

1. Prepare the brownies as directed on the mix, but add two eggs instead of one (this makes the brownies more like brownie-cupcakes, which is perfect for our purposes.)

2. Unwrap eighteen peanut butter cups.  Use this step to set your intention: think about the value of things hidden in the darkness, and give thanks to the dark goddess of your choice for her presence in your life.

3.  Spray the muffin pans and fill them halfway with brownie mix.

4. Place one peanut butter cup in the center of each filled muffin cup, pressing down gently.

5.  Bake following the directions on the box (usually 30 minutes will do it).

6.  Cool on a wire rack.


Share these goodies with your tribe, and enjoy.  Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment