Monday, October 22, 2012

Goddess Goodies: Abundant Cider

For me, baking and playing in the kitchen are a part of my spiritual practice.  Maybe it's my natural kitchen-witchery showing through, or maybe it's because of the warm memories I have of learning to bake with my mom and grandma.  For whatever reason, I love crafting warm, gooey goodness that I can share with my family and friends in the spirit of the Goddess.

It's finally, obviously fall: the nights are sharp and cold, and in the mornings, the sun warms everything until the smell of woodsmoke lingers just on the edge of my nose.  It's my favorite time of year, and as the harvest season winds down, I wanted to celebrate abundance while staying cozy and warm.

And that's how Abundant Cider was born!

This works for individual servings, or a large group.



1. Heat some apple cider (in the microwave for a single serving, on the stove top for a vat)
2. Stir in a tablespoon of honey or caramel sauce for each person who will drink (for one cup, just one TBSP will do).
3. Sprinkle cinnamon liberally on top of the cider as you stir.
4.  Dedicate your drink to the abundant goddess of your choice: Demeter, Lakshmi, and Fortuna are the ones who leap into my mind, but there are countless others.
5. Drink and enjoy!

How will you ingest the abundance of the season?

Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment