Thursday, October 18, 2012

Call for Submissions: Queen of Heaven


I am thrilled to announce that I'll be editing a devotional anthology to the Queen of Heaven.  Submissions for A Mantle of Stars: A Devotional Anthology in Honor of the Queen of Heaven open on November 5, 2012, and will close on April 1, 2013.  Poetry, rituals, and research are all welcomed.
  
"What does this Goddess mean to you?  Perhaps you offer cakes to her on each full moon, as so many of the ancients did.  Or perhaps you have seen her serene face in church for years and felt a tug towards her majesty.  The Queen of Heaven is a powerful Goddess, but she is not cruel: even in her virgin aspects, this Goddess is a global mother to the children of the earth.  She is not a Lady to cross, however: there are countless tales of justice being served at Her hand.  Fierce as a lion, gentle as a dove, the Queen of Heaven is ever present, as long as we are beneath Her sky. We need only look up to see her beauty."  (From the call for submissions)


For more information, check out the submission page over at Neos Alexandria.

This is such a heart project for me.  As an archetype, the Queen of Heaven is my primary devotional figure.  I'm dedicated to one of the goddesses who bears that title (Isis), and I'm fascinated by the many faces this powerful goddess has worn throughout history.  

The archetype is rich, and I can't wait to see what is contributed to the devotional: what an amazing opportunity, to birth this project.  I am thrilled.

Will you be submitting?  Spread the word!


No comments:

Post a Comment