Monday, November 26, 2012

Goddess Tarot: Card of the Week



My tarot deck of choice is still the first deck I ever bought: Kris Waldherr's Goddess Tarot.  I love these familiar cards, but there's always more to learn, even after over a decade spent working with this beautiful deck.

I've decided to post a card of the week, drawing randomly from my deck each Monday and letting the message of the card marinate as I move about my busy life.

Today's card is:




Card:Nine of Swords
Deck: The Goddess Tarot
Artist: Kris Waldherr

I have to admit, I was less than thrilled with the card I pulled this week.  The nine of swords is a card of insomnia and worries, and I've always been prone to both.  Thankfully, though, this card is close to the culmination ten, so I hope that whatever worries are keeping me awake at night (and believe me, it's a long list) are coming to a close.

What can I learn from this card?  Well, I already knew I hadn't been sleeping very well lately, but I tend to ignore my insomnia and pretend that I don't have any worries...at least until nightfall.  This card is reminding me to give credit to my concerns, but not to let them take over my life or disturb my sleep.  So, with that in mind, I'm going to try to be kinder to myself and give myself permission to slow down.  It's okay to be worried, but this too shall pass.

What does the nine of swords mean to you?

Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment